(born: La Havana, 5 March 1966).
Engraver, draughtsman and photographer.
Studied at the prestigious San Alejandro Academy and graduated in 1985.
He also graduated at the High Institute of Art, La Havana.
He is teacher in print making at the San Alejandro Academy.
- 1992: he participates at the 17th International Print Fair, Kanagawua, Japan, in celebration of the 5th Centenary of the Discovery of America.
- 1993: First Prize at 1st International Salon of Photography ¨Abelardo Rodríguez Antes¨, Havana, Fondo Cubano de la Imagen Fotográfica.
- 1994: Anthology of the ¨Young Cuban Photography¨, in the 2nd Hispano-American Colloquium on Photography, La Havana.
- 1996: Mention at the ¨Labor Pedagógica¨, Academia´96, Havana
- 1997 – 1998: presents the first retrospective of his photographic work, during the Festival ¨Day of the Photography¨, at the Havana University. This show has then be exhibited in Spain, France and Italy.
- 1998: presents his Homo-erotic photographs, based on a technical tour de force, including collage, where the central axis is the masculine body. His best known series are ¨Homo-Ludens¨, ¨Ecbatana¨, ¨Object of Desire¨ and ¨About Flowers¨. They were shown in Japan, Canada, Portugal, Russia, Italy, Germany, Argentina, France and Spain where they received universal praise and acclaim. They are his ¨Obra Maestra¨.
- 1999: Third Prize at the 2nd National Salon of photography.
- 1999: Honorable Mention, National Salon of Visual Arts Centre, Havana.
- 2002: represents Cuba at the Madrid International ¨ARCO¨ Art Fair
Literature: Abelardo Mena Chicuri: Cuban Avant-Garde: Contemporary Cuban Art from the Farber Collection (University of Florida Press, 2007)